Saturday, August 25, 2012

Visible Him in a invisible me.


Colossians 1:27-29, John 3:30

When I think about how others see me I often wonder do they really see Jesus living inside of me. I get curious how other people view Christ based off the way I live and conduct myself on a daily basis. Do they hear of His Love and Grace in my words. Do they see His Mercy, Compassion, and Forgiveness in my actions. But it does not stop there. What about other believers, when I teach or answer a question concerning God do I respond in a way that is clear and Godly or am I speaking heresy. Because in me lives the Hope of Glory and I must warn everyone, teach everyone with all wisdom, and and present them mature in Christ. So if I am to teach Christ it becomes increasingly hard when the focus is primarily on me. "Joseph May Ministries" sounds real nice but it does not really point in the direction of Jesus. I am not saying you can't name a ministry after you but I notice the Jesus was not the founder of "Jesus Christ Ministries", he just simply spread the message of salvation through His Word, Deed, Sacrifice, and Resurrection. When people see us they should see Jesus, when they hear us speak they should hear God's Wisdom coming out and not the latest trending tweet or favorite Facebook Post. This will take commitment to read the Word, pray, and change of sinful habits. We should be the backdrop of a painting while Christ is pushed in the forefront. We have to be willing to decrease so Christ may increase. It has never been and will never be just about us. Yes God does care about us but He cares more about others receiving the message of salvation that is made evident in our lives. May prayer is that we become like the moon and only reflect the "Son". Stay focused, you can do this!





 "In His JOY"

No comments:

Post a Comment