Saturday, August 25, 2012

Just as guilty

Galatians 6:1-2

What do you do when you catch a fellow Christian buried deep in sin. Sometimes I have condemned them in my heart (I admit this not for gossips sake but to further the Gospel). Especially when they perform a sin that I secretly struggle with or one that particularly offends me. I have prayed some real vengeful prayers against them. Sometimes I have turned my back on them and put their "business out in the street".  Sometimes I have laughed at and mocked them in front of others. And I know you have to, we all are guilty. But thank you Lord for your grace.

We are to restore them and be mindful of ourselves lest we sin (Galatians 6:1). It becomes easy to focus on their failures and consider ourselves righteous. But God warns us to examine our own walk (Galatians 6:3-4).
So we practice the act of love by being patient and walking with them to the road of victory. We carry their burden (Galatians 6:2) through prayer, late night/early morning talks, defending them and not their sin, and extending them grace and forgiveness. We don't keep a record of their sins (1 Corinthians 13:5) to be brought up on a later date.

So for I pray you consider how you have treated or are treating that Brother or Sister in Christ who has fallen in sin. Consider how showing them ill treatment is just as much as of a sin as the sin you caught them in. We all need God's Grace and Mercy on a daily basis (Lamentations 3:22-23)! Stay focused, you can do this.





 "In His JOY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment