Saturday, August 25, 2012

Flush your system

John 8:31-36, Romans 2:1-4, 12:1-3

It's time to eat some "Spiritual Activia Yogurt" and flush your system. We live in a world that is full of all kinds of wickedness and sin. Turn on the news and we get to see how people through out the world have sinned by committing murder, adultery, black mail, etc. The number one shows on television entertain us with these stories that were "ripped from the headlines". And it becomes increasingly easy to say to myself, "Such a sinful world! Thank God I'm don't act like that!" This is where I take my first helping of "Spiritual Activia Yogurt" and admit that I am sinner who has been save by grace...and GRACE ALONE! Friends we have to come to the realization that accepting Jesus is more than just a prayer and proclamation it is a lifestyle choice. 
Swallow your pride and REALLY deal with your sin. Rid yourself of the excuse that "Only God can judge me" or "He knows my heart". And accept that you have issues whether they are known externally by others or internally by you alone. Admit your sin to God and refuse yourself the opportunity to take pleasure in it. Pray for the strength to resist it and for the courage to follow through. This is not me condemning you but it is me saying WE ALL me must humble ourselves and recognize OUR SIN. See your sin and repent. Repent and walk in the liberty (freedom not to be a slave to sin) Jesus gave you. Walk in your liberty and but continue to run away from opportunistic moments to sin. Stay focused, you can do this!





"In His Joy"

No comments:

Post a Comment