Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We are spokesmen and not salesmen

1 Corinthians 2:1-5

My words fall flat when I try to explain who Jesus and how much the Lord loves those who do not know Him (John 3:16). The extent of my education, training, or life experience does not give me the complete tools to persuade someone to follow Jesus (1 Corinthians 2:1). For this reason I do not rely on it instead I relay on the Lord to give me the words to say when I am asked about my beliefs ( Luke 12:12). I seek His wisdom and direction to correctly present His Message of Salvation accurately to others (James 1:5, 2 Timothy 2:15) So I do not care to try to use philosophic quotes, impressive jargon, or even cultural references. I all care to tell you is that Christ took the wrath of God upon Himself and choose to die for your sins (Isaiah 53:10-11). He died the Savior but rose as the Lord of us all (Romans 10:9-11). My changed heart and new way of life is the only proof I have to show you. So my prayer is as you read this you take a chance and believe. That you open your heart and believe. That you neglect to rely on your wisdom but allow the Power of God to change your life by accepting Jesus. Stay focused, you can do this.

In His JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment