Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Saving my life meant exposing my sin

Ephesians 5:13-14

When I came to truly know Christ it was hard at first because being a Christian meant opening up my life to God. And that meant every thought, selfish ambition, evil desire, and hypocritical bone in me would be exposed to Jesus. It was enough to make me want to turn and run away from the Lord. Because when I read the Bible exposed the many sins in my life. It could have been easy to say that I just want to live life and embrace freedom. Or I could have said "this is me and this is who I am" but none of those excuses never held up or gave me peace.

I firmly believe God made us in His image (Genesis 1:26-27) and that we are to live a life that best models His (Ephesians 5:1-2). But we cannot be scarred to accept Jesus because we know He Will make clear our sinful ways ( Ephesians 5:13-14) instead we should embrace Him. Without Jesus we are not even living a shadow of the life He meant for us to live (John 10:10). A sinful lifestyle is nothing more than a dark crooked mirror that does truly show us who we are. But when we accept Christ, the crooked mirror lights up, becomes straight, and we start live the way God has always intended.

Once we accept Jesus we are saved that instant but it takes time for that inner change in our hearts to manifest itself in our actions (That is not an excuse to do what you want but it is just to let you know that there is grace). Somethings will be hard to let go and walk away from. But trust me accepting Jesus is a decision you will never regret. Stay focused, you can do this!

In His JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment