Saturday, January 26, 2013

"The Crazy Sane Truth"

Acts 26:12-29

There was a guy named Paul who stood before a King to face charges of causing a public disturbance in the Jewish Nation. At that time the Jews who did not believe in Jesus wanted to have Paul stoned to death. But because Paul was a Roman Citizen he had the right to appeal his case before Cesar. Before he went to Cesar Paul's Case was heard by the King of the Province, King Agrippa (try saying that three times fast).

Paul explained to King Agrippa that there was a time where he did not believe in Jesus. As a matter of fact Paul sought out to kill any Jewish Person who claimed that Jesus was the Savior of the World (Acts 26:11). But one day while walking along a road, Jesus Himself appeared to Paul. And it was at that moment Paul's life was forever changed and instantly he accepted Jesus and became a Christian (Acts 26:12-18). At that point it become Paul's God-given mission to tell everyone about salvation through Jesus.

In the midst of this King Agrippa stopped Paul and said "You are crazy and all that religious stuff has driven you mad (Acts 26:24)" Paul's reply was "I'm not crazy on the contrary I am saying and speaking the truth". He continued by saying "I know you have heard of Jesus before and I even believe that you know what I am saying is true (Acts 26:26-27). King Agrippa looked back at Paul and said "Are you trying to persuade me to accept Jesus in such short time (Acts 26:28)?" Paul's reply "Whether it takes short or long time, my hope is that you and everyone who hears me today becomes like me and accept Jesus (Acts 26:29)"

I know that Christians can seem crazy and weird at times with all that Jesus talk. And I know their stories of how they came to know Jesus may seem like an emotional story gone array. But trust this. We are praying that when you read our post, hear our stories, and/or interact with us that one day it will persuade you to accept Jesus. Just like Paul we don't care if it happens quickly or takes years, all we want is for you to know Christ and be saved. I know we seem overly zealous Jesus and narrow-minded in our Christians Views and Morales. But when you have come to experience the goodness and love of God like we have, much like us, you will never be the same. Stay focused, you can do this!

In His JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment