Saturday, June 1, 2013

"Whole bunch of excuses but not one is justified"


"I'm just still dealing with the hurt", "I'm just really disappointed in him", "Do you boo and I'll do me", "I'm not gossiping I just needed to vent to someone", "I'm just frustrated because she hasn't changed after all these years", "I told you how crazy they are", "I'm not surprised, he is just like his mother never satisfied and like his father to demanding" "I forgive you but I won't forget" "I'm trying to act like a Christian and not like I used to be, so I will pray for you"

Phrases like this come from us when we are self-centered, unforgiving, and bitter. When we act and think like this we become the prisoner of anger, tension, and stress. We become isolated, push others away, and view anyone who disagrees with us an enemy. Forgiveness sets you free, when Christ forgave you, you experienced freedom that cannot compare to anything else. Stop seeking counsel to get approval for your sin of unforgivness and stop talking about offenses to get attention. Admit you your hurt, forgive instantly, love unconditionally, and reconcile. Do this all in the strength of His Spirit, the direction of His Word, and the Grace of God. Let God replace that heart of stone with His Heart, don't worry about justice be bask in God's love. Stay focused you can do this!

"In His JOY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment