Sunday, June 23, 2013

"He did not ask for a slice of pie! He wants the whole thing"

Deuteronomy 6:5 

Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

God wants all of you and nothing less. A simple statement filled with complexity. All of me, He truly wants all of me. He tells me there is nothing to gain in this World but a world of abundant life is in Him (Luke 9:25, John 10:10). He tells me to change the way I think based of His Words (Romans 12:12). He tells me that His Word brings life to me (1 Peter 1:23). And yet He tells me still to love Him with all that I am (Deuteronomy 6:5).

But at times I get so afraid to give my all to God not because future scares me. I mean I know that Jesus has great plans for me. And it is certainly not because I feel I can't trust God because I have found Him to faithful and true. Sometimes fear grips me because I realize that I, unlike the Perfect God I serve, am imperfect. I have flaws and faults that seem to haunt me in my sleep and thoughts. Past sins and failures seem to randomly appear and remind me how inadequate I truly am. And it hurts because I think "I can't do this God! What you are asking of me is not impossible, I am going to embarrass you with my ugly sin!"

Think how many times we let ourselves get in the way of God. How many times have we struggled to do God's Will because of lack confidence in us not due to lack of faith in God. We all have a measure of faith (Romans 12:3) but we may not have enough confidence to believe that God has made us and equipped us with the tools, people, and gifts to that will make us successful to do His Will.

When God called Jeremiah, Jeremiah was hesitant to answer Him (Jeremiah 1: 4-10). He told God "Wait I am too young!" But God reminded Jeremiah that He would be there with Him despite what may come. He told Jeremiah that He would deliver him from trouble. This is key because it shows that Jeremiah would face failures, set backs, and disappointments but regardless God would be there as his Savior. And then the Lord filled Jeremiah with His Precious Word. But Jeremiah had to wiling give his all to God. He had to see past himself and see only God. Jeremiah had to lose himself to gain God.

We are clay in God's hands. Our short comings are nothing more than marred clay in the hands of Gods. And what He desires is to take that imperfection, that mistake, or that secret shame and heal you. But we have to give it all to God. Trust me when you give your all to God, He will exchange the ashes of your life for His beauty (Isaiah 63:1).

Don't worry there will be failure and heartache but God will turn it around for YOUR GOOD (Romans 8:28)! But you have to know He has prepared you for the task He has called you to do. You are ready whether you know it or not, you can do this. But it all starts today at this moment. You have to take that courageous step and give your all to God. And NOW is the TIME, this second is your moment. So take hold of it and utterly surrender to God, give Him your all.

Don't say to yourself, this was a good little blurb of information but it's not for me because it is. How long will you flirt with Giving Jesus every bit of you, when will you go and grow? This is for all of us Christians. The time for change is now we have only seen what God can do with a small amount of us imagine if we gave Him all of us. Just imagine…. Stay focused, you can do this!

"In His JOY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment