Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Get Jesus in Focus

2 Corinthians 5:11-21

Who are you living for? Or better yet what are you talking about? If you carry the label of Christian how good are you at being God's Ambassador? We have been given a fearful and wonderful responsibility to tell the world about the Good News of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:11, Luke 2:10-11). But how good are we at sharing that message? Do people know you got to church or do they kn ow you love the Lord by the way you live your life (Romans 12:1) ?

I know a lot of people who have some religious affiliation to Christ but sometimes I am unsure how sincere their faith is because of how the live their lives. Now I am not saying this judgement but merely an observation. It is like the husband frequents a strip club and has affairs. I know he is married but I ques
tion his love and devotion for his wife.

So if I proclaim that I know Jesus and love Him, then I want to live my life to please Him and Him alone (2 Corinthians 5:14-15). Just like a married an stops dating because the love he has for his wife overrides his urge to seek love elsewhere.

As Christians we live for Christ, it is now up to us to help reconcile others to Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:18). We need to let people know that their sins are not counted against them (2 Corinthians 5:19). Because we are here to speak to the lost for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20). We want others to know that Jesus died for their sins (2 Corinthians 5:21). But if are living for ourselves than what's the point? If we are only talking about ourselves or someone else than what is the point?

I urge you to refocus on living for Jesus and speaking about Him in a way that others will know that you have a relationship with Jesus and not just you go to church. Stay focused you can do this.

In His JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment