Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"The same inside and out"

Matthew 12:33-37

My desire is always to please the Lord with my mouth and my actions. But how can I speak of Jesus but deny Him with my actions. How can I point others to Christ with my words but point to the devil with my actions. I cannot do both. My words and yours reveal a lot about who we really are (Matthew 12:34). 

Our words are our testimony to believers and unbelievers alike to who Christ is in our lives. Our words will tell others of obedience to Jesus or our open rebellion to Him. Our actions produce the same result. God calls us to be an example to believers in or words and conduct (1 Timothy 4:12).

Sometimes it seems hard to reconcile the two but it does not mean it is impossible. We are called to be living sacrifices so we can show others what the Will of God looks like (Romans 12:1-2). But we must be willing to fight against who we think we are and be who God called us to be, through the power of His Spirit (1 John 4:4). Stay focused you can do this.

"In His JOY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment