Sunday, March 16, 2014

"The Mentalist"

My thoughts captivate me. They swarm around my mind like bees to a bee hive. Ranging from sad to sinful to holy. They seem unrelenting in their pursuit of trying gain my attention and complete devotion. Which one do I choose to focus on and follow? The sad ones try create emotional handicaps for me in life? The sinful ones temp me to act on wicked compulsions? And the holy ones take the focus off me and place it on God?

If I focus on sadness, sleep will escape me and I will only fantasize of ways my sadness will increase. If I focus on sin it is like throwing gasoline on a fire, it will only intensify the desire until it has consumed me. And I feel contentment until I have acted out that sin. But if I focus on God my mind will consider what is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, and praise worthy. 

What do you choose Christian? Where do you direct your attention? What will you allow to captivate your thoughts? Our thoughts should focus on Christ because He helps us keep things in proper perspective. When we focus on anything else our minds run wild and untamed.  

It is a choice we must make. I can focus on things that are perishable and be robbed of my slumber. Or I can focus on Christ and give Him the worries of my thoughts because He desires to handle any worry or care I may have. Simply because He loves me. The answer is clear, think Christ like...just saying think about it.

Philippians 4:8, 1 Peter 5:7, 
2 Corinthians 4:18

http://consumedbyjoy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment