Sunday, August 18, 2013

Gross

I remember when Curran became sick this year sometime around Christmas. He slept most of the day away but he woke up for a moment and asked could he sit in my lap. I said sure buddy, he laid in my arms and fell asleep. Then he sat up and looked me in eyes, I felt we were having a good father and son moment. However without warning, he opened his mouth and vomited all over me.

It lasted for about 1 minute but it felt like an eternity. I could not move fast enough to get out-of-the-way. I was dunking and dodging the vomit but I did not leave my son because he needed me.

I think of how many times I have offended God with my poor choices regardless of my reasoning behind making them. But He never left my side. He was not pleased with my actions but He stayed with me through my illness of sin. God would not leave my side because I was His son and in my sin I was desperate need of Him. He loved not only with words but with action.

But what about our fellow Christians, why do we separate our love from them. In the midst of trouble, hardship, persecution, material things, danger, or war I have seen Christians abandon each other and spread vicious rumors. As Christians we should allow nothing to come between us because we need each other. We don't have the power to stop someone from having issues and taking it out on us. Much like I did not have the power to stop Curran from getting sick and vomiting on me. But we do have the power to forgive them and stay close enough to them so they will know we are here to help. But just like I was moving out-of-the-way of Curran's Projectiles so I would not get sick but I remained close enough to help. We should not stand by and subject ourselves to unnecessary pain. Because run the damaged of "getting sick" ourselves. We can become bitter, unforgiving, cold-hearted, or yet worse walk away from the Lord.

This is why we must learn to love as God loves. We allow nothing to stop our love for God's People or even our enemies for that matter. The world loves with categorical love, but we are not like them. We walk in love, speak the truth in love, and never stop loving. We love even when it hurts. If our spiritually sick brother/sister in Christ wrongs (for whatever reason) we stay steadfast and try to help them get well. We are close enough to them to help all the while ensuring we are not putting ourselves in position to get "sick" as well. Stay focused you can do this.
Romans 8:35-39

"In His JOY!"

Read the Word, Share the Gospel, Be Accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment