Thursday, January 19, 2012

Knocking at Death's Door with JOY

Acts 13:36

I rejoice in death because it signifies to me when I die (no matter the cause or way) I will have served God's Purpose in my life for my generation. In other words I can rest knowing that my life is not about longevity but about purpose. And whether others feel I was taken too soon or died in a cruel way, God's Will for my life was completed before I died. I will be able to leave behind a legacy that does not point to me but lifts up Jesus. I do not want to be known for being a good man, a great father, or excellent husband (although we as men should live a life that shows this). I want to be known for doing God's Will in my generation and the accolades that I mentioned above will just be the results from serving God. Because when people see that I gave my all so God may be glorified it will lead them to salvation and eternal life. It will open their eyes and teach them they way that is right. Because to me the most important legacy is not the one you talk about but the one you live. Many men in my family have died and are with Christ. These men where not without their share of shortcomings but what I remember about them most is the desire to live for Christ and not themselves. And that is what I inspire to be. Stay focused, you can do this!


 "In His Joy"

No comments:

Post a Comment