Sunday, June 7, 2015

"Roller Coaster"


This weekend the kids and I went to the amusement park to enjoy some good family time.  We walked around and did all the small kiddie rides, took in the sights, enjoyed each others conversation, and laughed a lot.  But we came upon the ride that looked like a NASA Test Rocket.  It was huge and scary (inwardly I was terrified) but once the kids caught eye of it they instantly wanted to do it.  Reluctantly I agreed to go with them (you know because I am a macho man).  We stepped into the rocket that was two sizes too small for me, I asked the technician in charge, "is this ride fast?"  "Oh yes it is." He gave us our final safety instructions, buckled us in, locked the door, and away we went.  The rocket zipped and zagged through the air turning in all kinds of directions.  I was just trying to keep the contents of today's breakfast in my stomach from escaping.  But in the midst of the terror I was able to peer down and see the technician controlling the ride.  He was not as nervous as I was, he did not appeared to be phased by my screams, or even remotely concerned with the safety of the ride.  I found out letter that at some points during the ride he slowed it down just to check on me and my family.  After the ride had finished we wobbled out and went on to enjoy the rest of the day. But it hit me how God is the master technician controlling the ride, He sees the fear that gripes us but He is unafraid because He is in control of the ride. He adjust the speed when necessary and even slows down the ride to check on us.  We may feel as if we are at our wits ends and that this trial, situation, test, or whatever you want to call it is out of control but in actuality it never really is.  Christ has not lost control of the ride, we just simply need to enjoy it as it is another day at the amusement park.  Stay focused, you can do this!
James 1:2-4

Read the Word, Share the Gospel, and Be Accountable


"In His JOY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment