Sunday, December 7, 2014

"Ballad of a Stingy Christian"



The more and more I try to hold on the more I lose my grip. The more I try to hold on the more strength I lose and the more rest escapes. The tighter I hold on, the more I compromise to strengthen my grip. The more I tell myself "If you let go of this thing it will fall apart, no one will be able to fix it!" the more I watch it fall apart. Tears burst out my eyes like a failed damn, my sanity leaves me, sweat pours over me like a shower because I am losing my grip. I cry out to God,"How can you let this happen don't you see what's going on!? My world is shredding at the seams. Why won't you help?". God simply replies,"Let go, I can handle it". I yell,"No you can't, only I can. Only I can fix this broken family, only I can save this horrid world, only I can heal the pain I feel, end the addictions I face, and save the marriage that's lost." God says,"Any solution you find will only be temporary. You are here on this Earth for a moment and then you disappear like the snow of winters past, gone and soon to be replaced by another. The more you try to save it the more you will lose it. But I AM, the Eternal One, First and Last, Beginning and End. There is none like me nor will there ever be. What I decree will stand forever. What I build will never fall. I do not weaken or falter in strength. But as long as you hold on to it the more of it you will lose. But when you give it to me I will never lose it. Do you trust me?" I said, "Yes I do, but...." God stopped me and said,"No buts, if you desire to save your life you will lose it but if you're willing to lose it for my sake and give me control you will find something far better. You will find My JOY, My Peace, My Gift of Life, My Comfort, and My Strength. I will give you all of this in place of what you lose.". I said, "Lord how much of my life do you want?" The Lord said,"I want it all! I want your worry over your marriage, your future fears for your children, your plans, your money woes, your will, your addictions and hang ups, I want all of you, let me have it all." I relented and said,"Take it Lord, take all of me and leave only you!" As I let go of my grip my tears were replaced with His JOY! My agony was overcome by His Unfathomable Peace, My weakened body was renewed with His Strength. My worries were replaced by trust in Him. My focus shifted from my problems to His Will. The person who I was no longer existed, I was made new. I saw as He saw, I loved as He loved, and all I wanted was to please Him. I wondered what took me so long to let go. Why did waste so much time? But I understood, my stingy pride lies to me. It beckons me to never let go because when I humble myself to God I kill my pride. I can see my pride for the liar it is and I now see how my adversary has used it against me. Now I know that fight I my must face daily. But this is I fight I will win through humility because I choose to lose my life knowing God has already won mine!
Matthew 16:24-25, 1 Peter 5:6-11, Isaiah 40:28-31, 61:1-3

"In His JOY!"

Read the Word, Share the Gospel, Be accountable.

http://consumedbyjoy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment